The identical noise-canceling capacity and general readability that make AirPods a great match for iOS, additionally make the buds well-suited for video chats and informal listening whilst you work in your laptop computer. AirPods are designed to pair mechanically along with your iPhone, however pairing them with a MacBook normally requires a couple of additional steps. For those who’ve already related them to your iPhone and also you’re utilizing the identical Apple ID in your MacBook, your buds could already present up in your laptop computer’s record of accessible Bluetooth gadgets. If that’s the case, you possibly can skip right down to “The way to change your AirPods.” For those who don’t see them listed, comply with these steps.
The way to join AirPods to a MacBook
Apple renamed System Preferences to System Settings with macOS Ventura in 2022. That’s the place you’ll head first to entry your Bluetooth settings.
1. Click on the Apple icon within the higher left nook of your Mac’s display screen and choose System Settings. You may as well click on the System Settings icon within the dock or click on on the Management Middle icon within the higher proper nook, and click on on Bluetooth then Bluetooth settings. As soon as in System Settings, click on on Bluetooth within the left panel.
2. Together with your AirPods within the case and the lid open, carry them close to your Mac and press and maintain the button on the again of the case till the sunshine on the entrance flashes white.
3. Your AirPods ought to present up underneath My Gadgets within the Bluetooth window. Click on the join button to pair them. You might be prompted to allow Siri and choose your voice assistant preferences.
4. In case your AirPods don’t present up within the Bluetooth dialog field, shut the AirPods case, wait 15 seconds after which open the case and press the again button once more. You might have to attempt the pairing course of a couple of occasions earlier than your AirPods present up on the record. For those who nonetheless have hassle, be sure the AirPods are totally charged and you’ve got the most recent OS model put in in your Mac. Restarting your laptop may also assist.
The way to change AirPods between gadgets
To manually change your AirPods from one other gadget to your Mac, comply with these steps. Simply take into account that these directions solely apply in case you’ve already related your AirPods to your Mac. For those who haven’t accomplished that, first comply with the steps above.
You’ll be able to undergo the Programs Settings utility, however I discover it’s best to undergo the by the Management Middle:
1. Click on on the Management Middle icon in the higher left nook of your menu bar.
2. Click on on the textual content that claims “Bluetooth” (not the Bluetooth icon, which toggles Bluetooth on and off).
3. Choose your AirPods from the record of accessible gadgets.